Unique Advantages Of Rubber Flooring
- Tuesday, 08 July 2014 12:15
- Ava Anderson
Rubber flooring is an affordable option that offers style, durability and long-lasting performance. Invented in the 30’s, it became the most popular type of resilient flooring, being available in a limited range of colours and designs. Quick after, in the early 50’s it was forbidden for use, due to harmful chemical substances it was composed of. Nowadays, with a highly-sophisticated production technology, rubber flooring is among safest and most popular solutions when it comes to both residential and commercial properties.
Being a synthetic cousin of linoleum, rubber flooring is a water-and-stain resistant, versatile and provides good durability for the cost. With a wide selection of colours, patterns and textures available, rubber flooring is a perfect option for commercial, high traffic areas as well as for residential interior and exterior applications. In recent years, rubber flooring is a first choice for a wide range of applications, including everything from home garages to boating docks, airplane hangars and car dealerships. Being one of the most wanted and top-selling flooring options on the Australian market, the rubber flooring surely features numerous advantages. Here are some of the more important ones.
- Durability. The most immanent advantage of rubber flooring is the long life span. Characterized as strong, tough and resilient against a variety of conditions, when properly installed and maintained, rubber flooring should last at least twenty years, if not longer.
- Sound barrier. One of the best advantages of rubber flooring is its ability to absorb sound. Rubber is known as one of the strongest sound absorbing materials, thus this flooring solution could be ideal for highly trafficked areas. Even though not completely sound proof, rubber flooring is one of the best sound reducing flooring solutions.
- Easy to maintain. Rubber flooring is very easy to maintain. It is stain resistant and is also resistant to scratches, damage and discoloration. Cleaning generally requires no more than the use of a mop, warm clean water and a mild detergent.
- Superior comfort. Rubber flooring offers complete comfort which is why it is a common flooring solution for businesses where employees must stand for longer periods of time. This flooring solution is designed in a way to reduce fatigue and prevent foot injury. Moreover, since rubber flooring is known for its anti static abilities, it is No.1 flooring solution for restaurants and bars.
- Water and burn resistant. Rubber flooring is nonporous which means liquid spills cannot damage it. It is also resistant to burns (for example, from cigarette) and is non toxic, meaning it will not release any toxic fumes in case of fire.